While meeting with a therapist at any frequency is an act of self-care, weekly therapy sessions come with a unique set of benefits when changing your relationship with alcohol. Here are several of those benefits.
- Many changes occur in early recovery (and very quickly!), so it can be helpful to have consistent weekly support to discuss those changes. You may be confronted with uncomfortable feelings, and you can work through those with your therapist. Read more about what to expect from the alcohol recovery timeline
- Changing your relationship with alcohol can be isolating, and working with a therapist every week can help you feel connected and motivated throughout the process
- Developing coping mechanisms to address triggers and challenges is crucial to making progress towards your goals, and with weekly therapy, you can develop more skills, more quickly
- With a shorter amount of time between sessions, you spend less time catching up, and more time tackling concerns and challenges
- Therapists often give assignments to work on between appointments, and weekly therapy provides the ideal pacing for completing and reviewing them
- Weekly therapy provides more support and accountability, and virtual appointments make scheduling as easy as possible
Our weekly therapy plan offers the lowest price per therapy session, and the highest level of support. If you're just embarking on your treatment journey, Total Care (Weekly) is a great choice, and you can taper to bi-weekly therapy later in your journey. Interested in a therapy plan? Compare plans here.You can also browse therapist reviews and learn more about our online alcohol therapy approach.