First, let’s make sure you’ve eliminated some of the possible barriers to using our web-based video call platform:
- Ensure you have a good internet connection
- Make sure you are not connected through a VPN network
- Make sure you are not in a work environment that may have a firewall up preventing the call from starting
- Test your audio and video connection here
If you’ve checked the above and are still unable to connect to your call, it’s possible there’s an issue with your web browser. Many connectivity issues can be solved by switching to a different browser. We recommend trying Google Chrome, Firefox, and/or Safari (for mac OS/iOS users).
Still not working? Don’t worry! Here are three additional steps to try:
- Confirm your volume is not set to zero. Try increasing your volume to see if that solves your audio issue. You can test out your audio by playing a video from a site such as youtube.com, or through this test site.
- Confirm that your browser permissions are granting Monument access to your microphone and camera.
- If the above steps don’t resolve your issue, try restarting your computer.
If you’re still experiencing issues, please reach out to Monument support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help!